Wednesday, October 18, 2017

Donkey kicking a habit....


You guys are so clever!  The theme is indeed diet-related.  

After feeling better following therapy, meds, and some life changes, I started getting angry at all the little "comfort foods" that have been a crutch for me all my life, but especially since my parents passed away.  

Losing three parents in less than a year, two abruptly, requires a little comforting.

The offending little "friends" seemed so nice and loving until denial stopped hiding all the pounds that were piling on.



My therapist suggested some art therapy around my anger and I started plotting painful ways to get rid of the nagging, conniving, delicious little devils.

Don't get mad, get even...right?



Oh, a cupcake every now and then is fine...eating them by the half or whole dozen, not so much.

Just wait until you see what I am killing off next!

In stitches,
Teresa   :o)

16 comments:

  1. Oh what fun! I never thought of combining my love for applique into a therapy session for kicking bad habits, but what a great idea! You are so clever. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Too cute! Good luck on your diet!

    ReplyDelete
  3. good luck on your changing your life habits to good ones instead - grief can do weird things to you - you will work through it I'm sure and if quilting can help all the better right!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm a big fan of art therapy!
    This is one amazing donkey!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just so cute--love the way your mind works...hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
  6. SO much fun!! I was hoping to see what the donkey was kicking!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your new endeavor. Of course I always admire your joy (quilting).

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a fun way to work thru the drudgery of dieting - excellent therapy!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love it! You have brought Fabric Therapy to another level.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Excellent idea.... flush that chocolate!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a fabulous thing you're doing! Can't wait to talk to you about it. Not only is it helpful, its humorous too.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your art therapy is magnificent! I love the concept. I look forward to seeing more progress :0)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your art therepy is absolutely beautiful and can´t wait to see more blocks!

    ReplyDelete
  14. The bomb and pizza made me think diet but the drill and Diet Coke lost me...lol

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a thoughtful and creative therapist!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by the quilt cave...I love your feedback!

I am sorry, but you need a Google account/Profile to pose a question or leave a comment. That is very easy to get (FOR FREE) at Google.com.

Of course, you can click on my email and contact me there any time!

I am no longer able to accept comments from Anonymous readers...too much weird spam!