Friday, December 10, 2010

Ornament exchange today!


Our annual Friday Sit & Stitch potluck and ornament exchange is in a few hours and I wanted to share the two ornaments that I made to share.  The first one is made from yo yo's, slightly puffed with some scrap squares of batting then "threaded" on some fine gold wire and tied with a bow.


The second one is a crazy pieced, scrappy, stuffed heart with some beaded embellishment and a dangling key (all hearts have a lock and key, some harder to "pick" than others!).

We anonymously wrap each ornament in tissue then stuff it in an unadorned brown lunch sack, secured with a staple.  Then they are heaped on a table and we draw numbers to determine a choosing order.  It is so much fun to see what this very clever group comes up with every year.

I will post what I come home with (and maybe a few others!) next post.

In stitches,
Teresa  :o)

7 comments:

  1. Very cute. I have done an ornament exchange before and it is fun to see all the different ones that people make.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute, you will have to show us the ornaments you come home with, have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are so cute. Sounds like you are in for a fun day. Can't wait to see what you come home with.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute ornaments, I look forward to seeing what you end up getting :0)

    Crispy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those are both so pretty, but I especially like the heart. Hope you get something at least as cute!

    ReplyDelete
  6. very cute!
    I'm sure the ladies will love them.
    Can't wait to see what you bring home, I hope you had fun

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very cute - would love to see a tutorial for the wreath :) Thanks for sharing your photos.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by the quilt cave...I love your feedback!

I am sorry, but you need a Google account/Profile to pose a question or leave a comment. That is very easy to get (FOR FREE) at Google.com.

Of course, you can click on my email and contact me there any time!

I am no longer able to accept comments from Anonymous readers...too much weird spam!