Friday, February 19, 2010

On the liberated lady journey (and a comment on Olympics),,,


OK all you local ladies doing our liberated lady swap (and you know who you are!)...here are a couple of Mary Jones' ladies, just to motivate and excite you.  Don't you just love the witch??

Don't panic...there is still plenty of time before our April Fool's deadline to finish your ladies.

Ellen Taylor, our most excellent swap master, suggests that we don't get much taller than 11 1/2 - 12 inches.

I've seen some of Ola Rosselot's ladies...I hope to get a picture soon...they are cute as well.

Here are a few of Ellen's (for further motivation).


And one from Kathy French (isn't she cute??):


OK...now for a rant.  Have you been watching the men's figure skating from the Olympics??  (If you are from Russia, I'm sorry if my comments are harsh.)  I was so proud of Lysacek last night, the American man who won the gold medal.  Both of his programs were amazing.  Plushenko (spelling?) was also amazing, but not as balanced and polished in all aspects of his programs.  Yes, he did the "quad," but last night, especially, he had little technical problems on landings and his other elements did not equal Lysacek's.  He was so cocky coming into the Olympics, and now he is making all this noise about how he should have won because he did the "quad."  Russia's Putin is now getting into the mix.  Whatever happened to losing gracefully?  I've been very proud of how Lysacek has been handling all the puff and blow-off since the event. 

Yippee for all the athletes from around the world that are great performers both on and off the events!

I've been proud of all of our athletes this year...it's been very exciting to watch, although the late nights are catching up with me!

In stitches,
Teresa  :o)


3 comments:

  1. Oh, Teresa - they are gorgeous - I am about to embark on a journey of liberation - hope to have fun!
    Hugs - Lurline♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Teresa,

    Way to go MARY. The new "ladies" are wonderful.

    And thanks Teresa for today's posting. Inspiration incorporated.

    I think you are 'right on' for your Olympics, um observation.

    Ellen :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi since it is a snow day I will actually try to start my Ladies. These pictures help!! Love your site and all the other bloggers also.
    Chris

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by the quilt cave...I love your feedback!

I am sorry, but you need a Google account/Profile to pose a question or leave a comment. That is very easy to get (FOR FREE) at Google.com.

Of course, you can click on my email and contact me there any time!

I am no longer able to accept comments from Anonymous readers...too much weird spam!