Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Ostriches!


That's a weird title for a quilt blog post!  The boys are done, and I'm moving on to a couple of floral CWBQ blocks from here. 

After looking at actual ostrich coloring on the internet, I decided to make two colorful males instead of one beautiful male and one drab female.  Let's face it ladies, we're drab.  No, that can't be true!!  I was shocked to find coral coloring on these birds, but ever so glad to be able to make them colorful on the quilt.  The two reproduction black fabrics that I used for the bodies didn't show up very well in this photo, but they are gorgeous...my favorite fabrics in the block.  I changed their little diva feet, as well.

I am now preparing leaves for block #6, instead of other things I should be working on...like Christmas gifts, an ornament for exchange, and baby quilts.  I need more hours in the day!!

In stitches,
Teresa  :o)

1 comment:

  1. Oh, we all need more hours in the day. I love this block. Great work.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by the quilt cave...I love your feedback!

I am sorry, but you need a Google account/Profile to pose a question or leave a comment. That is very easy to get (FOR FREE) at Google.com.

Of course, you can click on my email and contact me there any time!

I am no longer able to accept comments from Anonymous readers...too much weird spam!