Hi! I'm back! I finally got to do a little sewing, for a change! This is an original groom I drafted to go into my Civil War Bride Quilt. He's the fifth block I've finished, so I'm officially done with one quarter of the blocks (oh yeah, then there are the borders....).
Here he is with his sweetie:
I may re-do him, as I was hoping they would look better together...I'm thinking his block is too sparse. It looks like SHE uses "Miracle Grow" and HE does not. (She should dump him for a better provider!!)
I have not been doing enough personal sewing lately...that makes me a little grumpy. I did manage to make Riley a Halloween costume (she was Prof. Umbridge from the Harry Potter books/movie #5).
I also had to design and make a couple of items for the shop's Holiday Dash, which is coming up in a couple of weeks. This year, the Holiday Dash quilt is a Christmas row style quilt, so I needed to come up with small projects using our block in case our stash dashers wanted to complete something smaller with their set of collected patterns. I made a l-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-n-g wall hanging (12 x 56 - that's CRAZY long, but we wanted to show customers they could make a SLICE of a row quilt!). I also made a more normal sized table topper (that's my rug you see on the corners!).